Waiting on Wednesday #5.

Waiting on Wednesday #5.

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: The Casual Vacancy
Author: J.K.Rowling
Genre: 'Darkley Comic' Political Tale
Publication Date: 27th September 2012
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Goodreads Summary: When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity, and unexpected revelations?

A big novel about a small town, The Casual Vacancy is J. K. Rowling’s first novel for adults. It is the work of a storyteller like no other.

{ Thoughts }

As a massive Potter-head, naturally I am very much looking forward to reading J.K. Rowling's next piece of work, though I have to say I am going to be approaching it with trepidation. J.K. Rowling has set the bar for authors at a very high level and I doubt that she, herself, will ever surpass it again; however, I'm hoping that her foray into adult fiction will be a successful one. This book definitely isn't of a genre that I would ordinarily pick up, nor does the plot particularly appeal to me; however, I'm sure that I shall greatly enjoy it nonetheless. 

What's everyone else waiting for? Comment and leave the link below! :) 

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)