What's Hot? Books.

Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman.

Crashing EdenTitle: Crashing Eden
Author: Michael Sussman
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy
Publisher: Solstice Publishing
Goodreads Summary: For one boy and his friends, the path to Paradise comes at a cost—one they may not be prepared to pay.

When a biking accident leaves 17-year-old Joss Kazdan with the ability to hear things others can't, reality as he knows it begins to unravel.

A world of legends exists beyond the ordinary life he's always known, and he is transported to the same Paradise he's studying in World Mythology. But the strange gets even stranger when his new friends build a device that delivers people through the gates of the Garden of Eden.

Now Samael, the Creator God, is furious. As Samael rains down his apocalyptic devastation on the ecstasy-seeking teens, Joss and his companions must find a way to appease Samael—or the world will be destroyed forever.

{ Review }

Crashing Eden is a book unlike any I've ever read before. It was nothing like what I expected it to be and I was really surprised at the large role that God and the story of Eden played in this novel. 

I wasn't particularly fond of any of the characters as I found them all to be a bit two faced. Most of the characters were completely transformed after hearing the 'om' and it was like each character was two different people. This is most noticeable in the main character, Joss, who narrates the story and his character was so drastic I wasn't really sure what to make of him. I suppose the majority of the characters were flawed in order to show the effect that the 'om' had on them but I still can't figure out whether or not I liked this about the book.

Sometimes I found the plot to be really unbelievable, but hey, its a work of fiction so I don't know why I expected otherwise. The spiritual themes discussed were really interesting and I think I was more interested in the philosophical questions raised in this novel rather than the plot itself. I probably wouldn't recommend this to really religious people as they may find it 'blasphemous' or 
something like that but for all others this should provide a really great read.

This is a brilliant and thought-provoking novel that is sure to keep you engaged from beginning to end. I think I may have even learned some things about Biblical stories and the Forty days which is an added bonus. This book is for young adults, though I don't see why adults shouldn't enjoy this too and I highly recommend this book. 


{ Author Bio }



Michael SussmanMichael Sussman is the author of Crashing Eden, a YA fantasy/paranormal novel, and Otto Grows Down, a children’s picture book featuring illustrations by Scott Magoon.
Dr. Sussman is a clinical psychologist and has also published two books for mental health professionals. He’s the author of A Curious Calling: Unconscious Motivations for Practicing Psychotherapy and the editor of A Perilous Calling: The Hazards of Psychotherapy Practice. 
He resides in the Boston area with his son, Ollie.



{ Links }
Buy from Amazon: http://amzn.to/KHk6aE
Buy from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/MZ4iT7 (paperback), http://amzn.to/MRuJM4 (e-book)
Buy from Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/KST7Fy
Buy from Smashwords: http://bit.ly/IPTc0l
Author’s website and blog: http://www.MichaelSussmanBooks.com
Twitter: @MichaelBSussman https://twitter.com/#!/MichaelBSussman

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)