What's Hot? Books.


Waiting on Wednesday #10. 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Starling (Starling, #1)Title: Starling
Author: Lesley Livingston
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Publication Date: 28th August 2012
Goodreads Summary: "Love is just the beginning... of the end."

Mason Starling is a champion fencer for Gosforth Academy, but she’s never had to fight for her life. Until now. When a ferocious storm rips through Manhattan and unleashes terrifying creatures onto Gosforth’s campus, Mason barely escapes alive. Without help from the mysterious stranger who appeared in the midst of the storm, she might not have made it at all. But now, in the aftermath, Mason’s life begins to spin dramatically, mystically out of control, and the only one who seems able to help her is the stranger who can remember nothing but his name: Fennrys Wolf.

As Mason and Fenn uncover more about Fenn’s past and the strange events that surround them, they realize that Mason’s family — and its dark allegiance to the ancient Norse gods — is at the center of everything. A predetermined fate seems to be closing in on Mason, but is it possible to change one’s destiny?

Readers who fell in love with Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange trilogy and those who love Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series will be captivated by the sweeping romance and pulse-pounding action of Starling. 

{ Thoughts }

As soon as I saw that this is one for those who love The Mortal Instruments series I just knew that this was one to add to my wishlist. The Mortal Instruments series is one of my all time favourite series and anything even vaguely on the same level as that is my sort of book. My friend wants to study Anglo-saxon, Norse and Celtic at university (God knows why), so the mention of Norse gods also got me interested. 

What's everyone else waiting for this week? Leave a comment and your link below! :)

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Jade InkScratchers8 August 2012 at 23:37

    This sounds amazing, I like the fact she's a fencer, makes me think she'll be really kick-ass!


    My WOW And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life9 August 2012 at 00:05

    This book sounds totally unique!! I haven't read too many Norse mythology books, and I would really love to learn more about Norse. =) And I really loved The Mortal Instruments series too, which makes me even more excited for this book. :D Overall, this book sounds like it's going to be filled with awesomeness!


    Fabulous pick! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read... although sadly, I really did not get into Mortal Instruments... I know I'm the minority though! :-)

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer @ Dream Reads9 August 2012 at 01:58

    Can't wait to read this one. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, looks very good! I'll keep my eye on this one (: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, I can't wait for this one either.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have this one on my to-read list and I'd love to read it as soon is comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)