Whats Hot? Movies.

The Adjustment Bureau.



When I first saw the poster for this movie, I immediately brushed past it thinking it wasn't a film I would enjoy that much. This is because I saw Matt Damon and I was expecting something very Bourne-esque, but boy was I wrong. I took a closer look at this movie, noticing that Emily Blunt was also in and it had an element of romance to it. I thought, Matt Damon, and romance.. in the same sentence? I had to watch this.

I literally hadn't got a clue what this movie was about when I started watching it, I didn't even read the synopsis and I was quite suprised to find that science-fiction also played a major role in this movie. Normally sci-fi and romance don't gel too well together, I mean, it has been done, but not always successfully. 'The Adjustment Bureau' bonds the two differing genres perfectly, so much so that you probably won't even be aware that you're watching a sci-fi movie. Perhaps we could call this genre sci-fi for girls.

I didn't that Matt Damon would be very good at playing a romantic figure despite being named 'Sexiest Man Alive' by people, because when I look at him, quite frankly I just think guns and action. Again, I was wrong. Damon and Blunt seem to have quite a good on-screen chemistry going on which is essential to any romantic movie.

I'd say that this movie deals with a lot of philosophical questions that mankind have been asking for centuries. This movies deals with the idea of fate, chance and a higher power. Could there be a grand puppet master sitting somewhere with a big book mapping out everyone's lives? Well according to this movie, there is. I think what makes this a successful sci-fi romance is that the plot largely revolves around the idea of lovers fighting fate and striving to be together no matter what. It is a story of true love and never giving up, risking everything to be with the one you love.

I highly recommend this movie because it is not your usual sappy romance; it is highly interesting, a fast-paced movie with lots of action, which for once actually enhances the romance instead of detracting from it.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)