What's Hot? Books.

Waiting on Wednesday #3. 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Taken
Author: Erin Bowman
Genre: YA Dystopia
Expected publication: April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen
Goodreads Summary: There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive. 

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

{ Thoughts }

I was completely 'taken' (pun intended) by this cover from the moment I saw and after reading the synposis I am positively desperate to get my hands on this! It sounds like it's going to be an intriguing story with lots of mystery, though I do have one question. If there are no men, then how are there any children? Unless if every single child is fathered by someone under the age of 18, though this seems unlikely, then surely there are no more children? I guess I'll find out next April! 

What's everyone else waiting for? Leave me the link to your WoW below! :)

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer @ Dream Reads21 June 2012 at 00:46

    This was my pick as well *High five* for awesome taste, haha!

    This looks soo good. I cannot wait to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by my post and great pick :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one yet but it sounds great! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    Candace with my WoW coming from Novels, News & Notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this cover is SO stunning and I cannot wait to read it either!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)