Showcase Sunday #3.

Showcase Sunday #3.


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.

Won

Eliot by Michael A. Wood Jr.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Courtesy of Kristin at YA Book Blogger)
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella (Courtesy of Ellie at Curiosity Killed The Bookworm)
Eliot by Michael A Wood Jr. (Courtesy of Goodreads)

I am unbelievably excited to have won Clockwork Angel as I've been dying to get my hands on this ever since it first came out. The Mortal Instruments series is my absolutely favourite YA series and I'm sure that The Infernal Devices series by the same author will be equally good. Kinsella's books always make me laugh and I've Got Your Number sounds like a really funny and heartfelt tale. Eliot isn't my usual type of book but, nevertheless it looks like an interesting book about drugdealers. 

For review


The Weeping Empress by Sadie Forsythe
The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle

Bought


The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

I had to buy both of these books for my English course and I'm so excited to read them. I've already read half of The Great Gatsby and it's absolutely fabulous so far and if you haven't already seen the trailer for Baz Luhrman's film adaption of this book then you must! The Great Gatsby is set in the 1920s when 'the tempo of the city had changed sharply, the buildings were higher, the parties were bigger, the morals were looser and the liquor was cheaper' (quote from the trailer). I've only read a few pages of Housekeeping but I'm already completely drawn into it. It seems like it's going to a really deep and fascinating novel. 

What did everyone else receive this week? Comment below and leave me the link to your Showcase Sunday! :)

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Marina-Chick Library Cat18 June 2012 at 09:59

    The Great Gatsby is great book, Sophie Kinsella is also great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer @ Dream Reads18 June 2012 at 10:00

    The Great Gatsby is so good. Love that cover for it as well. And Clockwork Angel is a fabulous book. So good and very well-written. Happy Reading :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul this week! Looks like you got some great books!





    Happy Reading,


    Dani


    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2142

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)