What's Hot? TV.

Revenge.


Frankly I watch far too much television that is healthy for a normal human being and long ago I decided that I would not start watching any new more television series in order to concentrate on my work. However, there was just something about revenge that gave me a burning desire to watch it and I couldn't ignore it. So far, I've only seen one episode, but I'm already hooked. Although the characters are all in their mid-twenties and above I still find this show appealing and I think many other teenagers will too.


As the title suggests, this television show is all about revenge and it's actually an adaption of 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas. When Amanda Clarke was a little girl her father was taken away from her and arrested for a murder he did not commit. Her perfect life was ruined as she was put in an institution until she turned 18 and was emancipated. Upon her release, she found out that her father had died and left her a box. A box full of secrets. After reading her father's journals she discovered that he had been unjustly blamed and so she sought revenge on those who framed him. Taking on the new identity of 'Emily Thorn', she rents out her old home in the Hamptons where the people she seeks revenge upon spend their summers. It is not clear how exactly she plans on executing this revenge but it's clear that she means business. Don't be fooled by her pretty face and blonde hair. The opening episode shows Emily at her engagement party, but her fiancé is soon found lying dead on the beach. It is suggested that she planned this in order to get revenge on her fiancé's mother. The story then backtracks to when Emily first moves to the Hamptons and her meetings with all the other characters.


The acting is brilliant from all the characters, most of whom are very experienced and I've seen them countless times in other series. Madeleine Stowe plays Victoria Grayson, reigning queen of the Hamptons; Emily VanCamp plays Emily Thorn or Amanda Clarke, a mysterious girl who moves to the Hamptons to exact revenge on those who ruined her father's life; Gabriel Mann plays Nolan Ross, a genius software inventor who is richer than all the other characters put together, he recognises 'Emily' straight away and becomes her ally; Joshua Bowman plays Daniel Grayson, son of Victoria Grayson and Emily's future finacé; Henry Czerny plays Conrad Grayson, Victoria's husband and Nick Wechsler plays Jack Porter, a childhood friend of Amandas. All these actors are brilliant in their individual roles and they all bring something different to the table. Appearances are everything in the Hamptons so watch each and everyone of these characters transform from their real selves to their 'show' selves. They are the rich and glamorous but they've all got skeletons in their closets and they're not afraid to get their hands dirty. It will be interesting to see who's hiding what later on in the show.


This is a gripping and thrilling story and I have no idea what to expect or what's coming. This show isn't predictable in the slightest like many other American dramas, it's new, it's fresh and it's exciting. I can't tell you much more about the show or it's plot because I don't actually have a clue and that's what I love about it! I highly recommend this show to anyone and everyone, especially if you're bored of the likes of 90210 and Gossip Girl. Trust me, this is far more entertaining.


WATCH REVENGE ON WEDNESDAYS AT 10/9C ABC

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)