Whats Hot? Movies.

I Am Number Four.


I have been waiting for this movie for what literally seems like a lifetime. It's been a while since we've seen Alex Pettyfer with his last appearance in 'Tormented' in 2009, but he's back with a bang and is looking hotter than ever. I Am Number Four is the film adaption of the novel under the same title that was released in August 2010 and then spent 6 weeks on The New York Times' Best Seller List. This movie is very unexpected and not predictable. You can guess the basic story line but the more complex details take you completely by suprise. Alex Pettyfer plays the main character, John Smith or 'Number Four', who is an alien (aliens have never looked so good!) that is being hunted by other aliens from the destroyed planet of Lorien. There are eight other teenagers like John who make up the 'Garde', who are Loriens with special 'Legaices' and powers. The Garde can only be killed in a certain order and after the death of 'Number Three', John is next. After meeting Sarah at his new school, John decides to stop running despite the fact that he knows the alien race hunting him have nearly found him. It gets a little bit too 'Star Wars' for my liking at the end with all the red and blue lights being shot everywhere but nonetheless this is a great movie. It is action packed with some of the oddest themes that are woven carefully together to create an interesting story. There is action, fighting, aliens as well as teen drama - romance and bullying. One would not expect these themes to gel well together but they do in 'I Am Number Four'. I highly recommend this movie to anyone really, but in particular teenagers. For me, personally, the ending was unexpected, because I thought that it would end with your typical teen romance, but it didn't. It left you in suspense wanting to know more. As 'I Am Number Four' was the first of a series of six books hopefully we'll see the sequels brought to our screens soon.

Look out for the book review of 'I Am Number Four' coming soon to What's Hot?

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)