Whats Hot? Movies.

Tangled.


So it's always embarassing when you're above the age of 11 and you're walking in to see the latest Disney movie, but I swallowed my pride and held my head high as I walked into the cinema screen, and it was definitely worth it! For those of you that don't know, 'Tangled' is basically a re-telling of the famous fairy tale 'Rapunzel'. There is much controversy over the title of this movie as it was originally named 'Rapunzel' (as it should have been) but Disney's other recent movie 'The Princess and the Frog' did not bring in as much revenue as expected and this was thought to be a result of the fact that the title did appeal to boys. In order to try and make this movie appeal to a wider market the movie title was changed to 'Tangled'. I think that Disney could have done a better job of creating a new title as I don't think 'Tangled' was entirely appropriate, but nonetheless this is an awesome movie.

Despite the fact that this is a Disney animation I'm sure that it'll appeal to all age groups because it is hilariously funny as well as tearjerkingly sad and romantic. This movie had me experiencing all emotions, which is quite suprising for a children's film. I didn't expect there to be much substance to this film, I just thought it would rather amusing, but I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like I was watching an animation but a true story of adventure and love. This is not a silly movie where everything that happens is ridiculous. Ok, a lot of the stuff that happens is ridiculous, but it doesn't seem that way when you're watching it! Instead of thinking about the stupidity of a horse rounding up a group of people to save a man, you think of the deep friendship and connection that the horse must share with his rider.

This is such a great story of a girl with a dream who is discovering a new world around her with the help of a criminal, Flynn Ryder, who she meets along the way. Of course they fall in love and live happily ever after but I could not predict how the story was going to unfold. This movie had me thinking one thing when in actual fact something completely different was going on. It's really extraordinarily good for an animation.

Admittedly I didn't actually know the story of Rapunzel before watching this so I cannot tell you whether or not it is an accurate representation of the original story; however, I can still recommend this movie regardless of it's link to fairy tales. The music in this movie is also very good and the singing is of a very high standard. I've even downloaded the entire soundtrack to my ipod alongside artists like Rihanna and Katy Perry! (Perhaps that makes me a little sad, but that's how good I thought the songs were).

If you haven't already seen this, I highly recommend you get down to your nearest cinema asap!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Haha. . . I haven't seen it, but I kind of want to - to my complete and utter embarrasment -.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarassed! I was too, but then i thought it was a really good movie so it didn't matter to me anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I think this movie looks good! I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to take me (to no avail - yet ;) hahaha)
    I always loved Disney films :)
    Steph
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i loved this movie! i saw it with my baby cousin and he sings all the songs :)

    feel free to check out my blog: avrhee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I had a chance to watch this on the plane but I fell asleep :(

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen it and enjoyed it more than my six year old. but I am one of those kids at heart even when you are too grown.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)