Showcase Sunday #48


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.


{ Thoughts }

So I finally got a new library card! Popped into the library to pick up "Crow's Revenge" by Marcus Alexander, the first book in the "Keeper of the Realms" series, as I won a signed copy of the second book, "The Dark Army", on Goodreads. Whilst I was there I also picked up "The History Boys" by Alan Bennett which I've been meaning to read for a while (I absolutely love the film!) and some other plays by Oscar Wilde including "The Importance of Being Earnest". Also, today Tesco is giving away free copies of "The Hundred-Foot Journey" with every copy of The Daily Telegraph and who doesn't love free books?! The film adaptation is being released soon and it stars Meryl Streep though I have to admit, I hadn't heard of it before. I've also finally started on my university reading list, which I guess is a mild improvement upon last year. I've got way more novels and plays to read this year but I can't read any of the French!

What's everyone else received this week? Let me know in the comments below! 


Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Marcus Alexander books! Ive never heard of them and have added them to my list :) Hope you enjoy them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when Tesco do the giveaway thing with books! I have got quite a few good ones from it! :)

    I don't recognise any of these so I will have to check them out!

    I hope you enjoy them all and have a good week! :)


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Keeper of the Realm series sounds really interesting. Great haul. I hope you have fun reading all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not read any of these books but I do hope you enjoy all your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hundred-Foot Journey has been on my list for awhile now, I hope it's as good as it sounds. I'd like to read it before the film. Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of these books before, but The Hundred Foot Journey sounds good! Enjoy your books :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them, Laura! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)