Showcase Sunday #47


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.

{ For review }


{ Thoughts } 

This is actually an accumulation of stuff that I've received over the last few months that I simply haven't had time to post about! Last Thursday I attended what I was to find out was the penultimate Spinebreakers meeting. *CRY* Yep, you heard me, Spinebreakers is winding down. For those of you that don't know, Spinebreakers was a collaboration between Penguin Books and Livity, a youth marketing agency, who used to provide review copies to teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18. It makes me incredibly sad to say goodbye to Spinebreakers and I used to love getting YA review copies, attending the Spinebreakers meetings and the numerous bookish opportunities that were offered to us Spinebreakers! I managed to pick up a copy of Will Grayson, Will Grayson at the last meeting which I'm so excited to read as I love John Green and I've heard lots of good things about this book! Pretty much all of the books in this haul are books that have had a fair amount of hype surrounding them around their release dates but I, shamefully, still haven't read any of them. Hopefully you'll see some more reviews over the next few weeks! 

What has everyone else received recently? Anyone read and reviewed any of the above books? If so, leave your links below and I'll check them out!! 

Giveaway coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled ;) 

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I've got the Deborah Harkness books to read too and haven't yet so you're not alone! I'll look out for your reviews if you get to them before I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about the Discovery of Witches series so i really hope you enjoy those, i've also got the first book in that series as well as The Three and Half Bad to read so hopefully we'll both enjoy those. I haven't really heard about many of the other books that you have, and am really sorry to hear about Spinebreakers. It seems like such a great scheme and i really wish that i would have heard about it when i was in the age bracket. Thanks for stopping by my post.

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be out of the loop from moving because the only book in your pile that I've heard of is Far From You. Now that we're settled in I need to catch up on all the new and upcoming releases.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new books, Laura. I read the first book in the Deborah Harkness series and really enjoyed it. Now I need to catch up on the others. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half Bad and Will Grayson, Will Grayson both sound great. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half Bad is AMAZING! You will love it! Also three is supposed to be really good as well. Awesome haul hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three looks so good! It has got so many good reviews! I need to pick it up asap! :)


    I was not a huge fan of Half Bad. I hope you like it more than I did! :)

    Thanks for sharing! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    Ps sorry I have not been around for a while! I have been busy with work! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)