Arla Skyr Breakfast Event

Yet another photo of me taking pictures of my food #asian

Last week, I was lucky enough to attend a breakfast hosted by Arla Skyr and Cow PR. I was given a delicious complimentary breakfast, including some Arla Skyr yoghurt to try, followed by a talk by nutrionalist Charlotte Stirling-Reed and then a mini tour of Soho by Peter Berthoud, organised by the Londonist. Even though I've lived in London for my entire life, I'd never seen any of the places that our tour guide showed us, which just goes to show what a vibrant and exciting place London is! We saw the "Toilet Pod" Museum, Phoenix Garden, which is so, so beautiful and calm, and the "true" geographical centre of London just to name a few!


That's me in the middle, looking a little too happy?
So back to the the yoghurt...

What is it?
Arlr Skyr is an Icelandic-style yoghurt that is high in protein, low in fat and reduced in sugar. What's more, it's all natural!

What flavours does it come in?
The big pots come in three different flavours: natural, strawberry and honey. The smaller pots come in: natural, Nordic Mixed Berry, Nordic Sour Cherry and Apple & Lingonberry and Strawberry.

How does it taste? 
I tried the honey yoghurt, the strawberry yoghurt and the natural yoghurt at the Arla Skyr breakfast and had very mixed views on them. The honey yoghurt is incredibly sweet and for some reason was mixed with even more honey which was a little overwhelming. I tasted the honey yoghurt by itself and still found it to be too sweet for my liking, but for those think that natural Greek yoghurt is too plain, this may be ideal for you.

The natural yoghurt is very plain and has a similar taste to Greek yoghurt, but the consistency is less thick. It doesn't taste bad, but it is very bland if you eat it by itself so I would highly recommend adding some toppings or some honey to make it more interesting. I had a pot of natural yoghurt for breakfast the other day and I added some granola, raspberries and agave nectar, which made for a really good combo (see right).

The strawberry yoghurt is definitely my favourite as it is quite sweet (but not too sweet) and full of flavour. This one tastes great by itself, but it also tastes good with a topping of fruit compote and some mixed nuts as you can see below.

What's the best way to eat it? 

You can have this yoghurt by itself or with some berry compote and granola as I detailed above, but if you're not a big breakfast or snack fan then there's lots of other ways that you can incorporate natural yoghurt into your diet. I usually add 2-3 tablespoons of yoghurt to my smoothies/protein shakes, which thickens them and, if using the natural flavour, blends the flavour. You can also put it in your cooking, adding it to salads, eating it with ryvita, marinating chicken in a yoghurt sauce - the possibilities are endless.

Where can you buy it?
Arla Skyr is currently stocked in Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda in the UK.

Verdict?
Arla Skyr's breakfast is honestly one of the best PR events that I've ever been to, but it this wasn't because of anything flashy or loads of freebies, but because their product is genuinely very, very good. Their products are tasty and keep me full throughout the afternoon, which is when I tend to slump and there's just so many different things you can do with them. The strawberry flavour is my favourite if you're going to be eating the yoghurt by itself but the combination I prefer the most is the natural yoghurt with fresh fruit and granola. The small pots are just the right size - slightly bigger than a normal yoghurt pot but this ensures that it fills you up. All the flavours are low in calories so I never feel guilty when indulging in these, so your conscience can remain clear!

If you're interested in Arla Skyr, check out my review of one their other products I'd recommend, Arla Protein (click here).


All my goodies from the event :) 
An amazing and healthy breakfast
Advice from nutritionalist Charlotte
Soho Square
Book Mews

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)