Waiting on Wednesday: Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting

Waiting on Wednesday #29

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Clipped Wings
Author: Helena Hunting
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: 13th March 2014
Publisher: Orion Publishing Group
Goodreads: The passionate and addictive love story of two young people haunted by their dark pasts. For fans of J. A. Redmerski, Jamie McGuire and Fifty Shades of Grey.

Hayden Stryker is a devastatingly handsome tattoo artist. Covered in ink and steel, his artwork acts as armour while he attempts to move on from a world-shattering loss.

Twenty-one-year-old Tenley Page is new to town and battling demons of her own. The chemistry between the two is instant and unlike anything they've ever experienced before.

When Hayden agrees to apply his art to Tenley's skin, the pair embark on an emotional and intense relationship that neither could have anticipated. But as Tenley's past threatens to destroy their fragile romance, Hayden must find a balance between his desire to protect her and his need to claim her as his.

{ Thoughts }

So supposedly this book would be enjoyed by fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, though I can't figure out whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Either way, it's got me interested. A lot of books have fed off the success of the Fifty Shades trilogy and I must say there are far too many erotic books displayed in book stores but Orion usually publishes some good stuff so I'm hoping this will be a good book. It doesn't sound that deep but it I'm curious as to what these 'secrets' are and I'm sure this book will keep me entertained whilst it lasts. 

What's everyone else waiting on this week? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard about this book before, not even the author. I'll have a look and see if it'll make my enormous TBR as well :D
    Happy reading, hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this book either and well I'll admit to being somewhat intrigued. The summary itself seems like a cliche but since Orion is publishing it, I think there is hpe!

    Great Pick, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)