Showcase Sunday #49


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.



Half a Lifelong Romance by Eileen Chang
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
The 100 by Kass Morgan
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
Brave New World by Adolous Huxley
The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud

{ Thoughts }

I've been away almost three weeks now and I'm so happy that every time I returned home I found more books waiting for me! (My TBR pile groans). This week I received The 100 by Kass Morgan from Becca Jane over at Pretty Little Memoirs (Thanks Becca!) which I've actually already read and reviewed before (see review here), but this edition has the television cover so it's cool nevertheless! I'd highly recommend it as both the television show and the book are awesome (though they don't really follow the same story line). I also got an arc of Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley which I think is going to be a big hit in around a month when it is released. I haven't started it yet but it looks like it's going to be a good one! 

I start work experience tomorrow at Penguin Random House which I'm so excited about! It will be really interesting to see what happens inside their offices and who knows, maybe I'll be the one sending all your mail out for the next two weeks! 

What did everyone else get this week? Has anyone read any of the above? Good/Bad?

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I love the cover for The Walled City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your work experience - it sounds lovely! What an interesting combination of classic and contemporary literature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah! Work experience at Penguin Random House! That sounds like so much fun! Keep us posted on that one as I would love to see how it goes! :)

    I love the cover to The Walled City. I picked it up the other day and the synopsis was very intriguing! :)

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy all of your books! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 100 but haven't started it yet, I am excited for your review!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome haul. Really want to read The Lies we Tell Ourselves! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)