What's Hot? Movies.

The Change-Up. 


I remember watching the trailer for this film months ago and questioning whether or not it would be worth watching. It seemed to be a Freaky Friday remake except two male best friends swap bodies instead of a mother and daughter and since I'm not the biggest fan of Freaky Friday I thought I'd give this one a miss. However, my friend recommended it to me saying that it was 'hilarious' and I was eventually swayed into watching this by Ryan Reynolds hot face and I did not regret it.

The Change Up, as you can probably guess, is about two friends who, whilst peeing in a water fountain, as you do, wish for each other's lives. Dave seems to have the perfect family life with three healthy children, a beautiful wife and a high paying job. Mitch, on the other hand, seems to have the perfect single life, hooking up with girls left right and centre. It's fair to say that they're both in for a shock when they wake up one morning to find that their wish has come true and they have in fact swapped bodies.

I feel that this movie would've been better if they'd focussed on it being a body swapping comedy. The plot became a little convoluted by the family/personal drama that was involved and this detracted from the comedy. Whilst this film was really funny in places, there were also parts that were really emotional and just I don't feel that this parts really meshed very well with the sort of film that this was supposed to be.

Both Reynolds and Bateman are both brilliant actors who I love but I just don't think they really delivered in this film. Their co-stars included Leslie Mann and Olivia Wilde who started out great but by the end of the film I just found their characters highly irritating. I don't think that the acting was particularly bad; however, I think bad script and general plot line made it impossible for them to do any really good work.


One thing that really stood out for me in this movie was how bad they were at pretending to pee in a fountain. It was so obvious that the two men hadn't even pulled their flies down and that they were actually holding some sort of tiny water pistols in their hands. Though, it's not like this ruined this film, it was just another thing to laugh at.


Whilst I didn't think that this movie was as bad as the critics made it out to be, I didn't think that it was particularly good either. The film is largely unmemorable apart from a few moments which were simply ridiculous so they're probably memorable for all the wrong reasons.  Given that this was written by the same guys who wrote 'The Hangover', this film could have been so much better than it was. I wouldn't bother watching The Change-Up unless if you really, really, really have nothing better to do with your time as it failed to meet its initial potential.

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)