What's Hot? Books.


Showcase Sunday #17. 

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.

For review:


Shakespeare on Toast by Ben Crystal
When the Siren Calls by Tom Barry
The Boy Who Made it Rain by Brian Conagham

Even though my TBR pile is wildly out of control, I couldn't help but make a *quick* visit to Netgallery to see what new titles there are this month. I think I've requested pretty much every book available on there and these are the ones that I've been approved so far. I've been studying Shakespeare plays for about 6 years now and I still don't think I've understood anything that he's written so hopefully Shakespeare on Toast will give me nudge in the right direction. I read that When the Siren Calls is 'humorotica' which sounds like an odd mix, one that if successfully executed could be brilliant so I'm glad I've downloaded that. The Boy Who Made it Rain sounds like it's going to be addressing some pretty deep questions, but I can't say that I care much for the cover. It just reminds me of a barcode. 

Borrowed:


Fascination de Stephenie Meyer

No, before you ask, this isn't a new Stephenie Meyer book or a spoof of her works, it's the French version of Twilight. Fascination seems a bit of an odd title given that it's not the translation of 'Twilight' but then again, maybe it is a more appropriate title. Since I've read the English version of this book about a billion times (I was going through a phase), I figured that reading the French version would be an easy way to pick up vocab since I've pretty much memorised the translation already. I'll let you know how it goes.


What has everyone else received this week? Leave a link in the comments below! :) 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. The title "Shakespeare on Toast" stopped me in my tracks. I want one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)